1. Who Controls Your Personal Information?
Any information or other data provided to or gathered by Company is controlled by:
New Peak Media 10040 West Cheyenne Ave., Unit 170-129
Las Vegas, Nevada 89129
In addition to our Las Vegas address, we have Canadian headquarters at #220, 2181 Premier Way, Sherwood Park, Alberta T8H 2V1 CANADA.
2. What Types Of Information Do We Collect?
Company collects and/or has collected over the past twelve (12) months the following categories of information about you and other users of the Website:
- Information You Provide to Us. We collect information from you when you voluntarily provide it to us over the Website, including as part of registering a user account or ordering goods or services from Company. Such information may include your name, email and postal addresses, phone number, birthdate, and gender. For example, if you order a report from us, we ask you to provide personal details about your birth in order to prepare the report. As another example, if you visit the Website and select a particular horoscope, such as Virgo, you may be communicating information to us about yourself, such as a date range in which you were born.
- Content You Make Public. Company collects information from you that you voluntarily upload to the Website for public display (“Public Information”), such as when you post a product review, comment on a good or service, or participate in a forum on the Website. Once you submit Public Information, neither you nor Company are able to control how it may be copied, shared, or used by third parties, even if you and/or Company later delete such Public Information. Accordingly, you should carefully consider what personal information you choose to include within your Public Information.
- Transaction and Payment Information. We may gather additional information from you when you order a product or service through the Website or contact customer service regarding a prior transaction. Such information may include your bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, information regarding the products or services you purchased, and your paid Subscription, if any. When you click on product links or place items in your shopping cart, we may collect or create records regarding your shopping preferences or other purchasing or consuming history or tendencies. Please note, however, that all payments are processed by third-party vendors, and not Company itself. If you make a purchase on the Website, your payment information is sent directly to our payment processors using PCI Compliant rules/software and is never stored or otherwise retained by Company.
- Device/Internet Connection Information. When you use the Website, we automatically gather information made available by your web browser (such as Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome), internet service provider (such as Comcast or Cox), and device (such as your computer, phone, tablet, or fitness tracker), depending on your settings for each. For example, we may collect your IP address, information about the operating system or type of device you use, the device ID associated with your device, the date and time you access the Website, and your log in attempts.
- Internet Activity Information. As explained below in Sections 3 and 4 regarding Personalized Ads, we may also collect information about your browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with a particular website, application, or advertisement, including the Website. We may collect information regarding the websites, application, or advertisement you visited immediately before and after your use of the Website.
- Geolocation Information. We may collect information about where you are located, both generally and at the time you access the Website. For example, we may collect your mailing address or ascertain your approximate location from your IP address.
- Protected Class Information. Due to the specific nature of Company’s services, you may be asked to provide information about your gender and age. Obviously, your birthdate is required to provide you with accurate astrological information, and your age may be derived from your birthdate.
- Other Information. From time to time, we may collect other information from you, such as when you make a claim for a prize pursuant to a contest or other promotion run on the Website, when you request assistance through our customer service department, or when you voluntarily subscribe to promotions, reminders, or newsletters. You will always be asked for your consent in advance of providing such other information, and we will not collect it without your permission.
3. How And When Do We Collect Information About You?
- When you enter or upload information to the Website. Company collects information you provide to us, content you make public, transaction and payment information, geolocation information, and protected class information when you enter such information on a form on the Website (including during registration), purchase Products or services, communicate by phone or chat with one of Company’s esoteric “Advisors,” sign up for newsletters or promotional material, enter contests, upload content, post a review, and otherwise interact with the Website.
- When you communicate with us. Company may also collect information you provide to us, content you make public, transaction and payment information, geolocation information, and protected class information from you outside of the Website, such as when you contact our customer service department, email us (including any response to an email communication from Company), or communicate with Company via social media, such as by posting on a page hosted by Company or tagging Company in your own post. The information collected off the Website may be combined with that collected through the Website—for example, if you order a Product from the Website and later call customer service about the order, the information collected in both interactions may be linked.
|Type of Cookie||Purpose of Cookie|
|Necessary||Necessary Cookies are essential in order for the
Website to display and perform properly. Necessary Cookies are used to identify you, prevent security risks, and to allow you to perform account-related functions.
|Preferences||Preferences Cookies are used to store preferences set
by you and each user for their account, such as your language preferences. Preferences Cookies improve your experience using the Website.
|Analytics and Performance||Analytics and Performance Cookies collect information on
how you and other users interact with the Website. Often, this information is aggregated, as discussed in Section 4, and is used to improve the Website.
You can change your Cookie settings in your Internet browser (e.g., Chrome, Edge, Firefox). If you disable Cookies, some of the features of the Website may not function correctly. For more information, see https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
- From Third Parties. Company may also collect the following types of information from Third Parties: transaction and payment information (such as when you have your payment information saved in your web browser); device/internet connection information; internet activity information; geolocation information; and biometric information.
Company may also use the Facebook Cookie to deliver Personalized Ads to you, as that term is described below. You can learn more about how Facebook gathers and uses personal information via Cookies, including how to set your Cookie preferences within Facebook, by visiting the.
|Bing Ads||Company uses Bing Ads to deliver targeted advertisements to you and other Website users.||https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-ca/privacystatement|
|Company uses Google Ads to deliver targeted advertisements to you and other Website users.||https://policies.google.com/privacy|
|Marketo||We use Marketo to manage our relationships with our customers.||https://documents.marketo.com/legal/pri|
Remember, you can change your Cookie settings in your Internet browser (e.g., Chrome, Edge, Firefox). For more information, see https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
You can better learn about such Third-Party data collection and advertising practices, including how to revoke your consent to Personalized Ads, at the following websites:
4. How Do We Use Your Information?
Company may use the information we’ve gathered from you or your device, including through Cookies and Third Parties, for the following purposes:
- Business Purposes. When Company uses your information for a “Business Purpose,” it means such use is reasonably necessary and proportionate to achieve an operational purpose of the Company. The following are the Business Purposes for which we may use your information:
|Business Purpose||Types of Information|
|For Security. Company uses the information we collect from you and other users to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and to identify and prosecute those responsible for that activity.||Information you provide to us; Transaction and Payment Information; Device/Internet Connection Information; Internet Activity Information; Geolocation Information|
|To Fulfill Your Orders. We use the information we collect from you to process your payments, fulfill your orders, and ship your purchases. If you purchase chat or call time with one of our Advisors, they may use the information you provide in order to render the advice you seek.||Information you provide to us; Transaction and Payment Information; Device/Internet Connection Information; Geolocation Information; Protected Class Information|
|To Improve our Products and Services. Company uses the information we collect from you and other users to improve our Product offerings and services. For example, we may consider analytics, demographics, and user feedback collected via the Website in determining whether there is sufficient demand for a new Product or Subscription.||Information you provide to us; Content you make public; Transaction and Payment Information; Device/Internet Connection Information; Internet Activity Information; Geolocation Information; Protected Class Information|
|To Personalize Your User Experience. We use information gathered from Cookies to authenticate your logins, determine whether you are logged in or not, to allow you to set personal preferences when using the Website, and to make it so you don’t have to reenter the same information when you visit the Website several times within a short timeframe.||Information you provide to us; Transaction and Payment Information; Device/Internet Connection Information; Internet Activity Information; Geolocation Information; Protected Class Information|
|To Create Deidentified Aggregate Information. Company may combine your information with that of other users to create “Aggregate Information”—namely, statistical information about all users or a subset thereof. Aggregate Information is pseudonymized and deidentified. In other words, Aggregate Information cannot be used to identify, relate to, describe, be capable of being associated with, or be linked, directly or indirectly, to a particular consumer, including you.
In turn, Aggregate Information may be used by Company for the Business and Commercial Purposes listed herein.
|Information you provide to us; Content you make public; Device/Internet Connection Information; Internet Activity Information; Geolocation Information; Protected Class Information|
- Commercial Purposes.When Company uses your information for a “Commercial Purpose,” it means such use is intended to advance Company’s business interests, such as by inducing you to buy one of our Products or services. The following are the Commercial Purposes for which we may use your information:
|Commercial Purpose||Types of Information|
|To Advertise to You. We may use information gathered through Cookies and web beacons, including those placed by Third Parties, to deliver ads to you via the Website, and after you’ve left the Website, including advertising specific to your personal interests. The purpose of this practice, which is sometimes called “Personalized Ads,” “retargeting,” or “remarketing” is to deliver content and advertising that is of interest to you, and to avoid displaying irrelevant advertising to you.
You can better learn about such Third-Party data collection and advertising practices, including how to revoke your consent to Personalized Ads, at the following websites: www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices
|To Build a Profile. As stated above, Company create new information about you by drawing inferences from the information identified in the categories listed above, such as to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, preferences, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes. Such information and profile may be used by Company for advertising purposes.|
|To Advertise to Others. We may share your reviews, comments, and other content uploaded by you to advertise and market our Website and the Services, including by reposting your reviews on the Website, in our advertising, or through our social media accounts. If you want us to stop using your information in these ways, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.||Content you make public|
- Scope and Legal Bases for Use
Company only processes your information to the extent that is necessary to accomplish the above-stated Business and Commercial Purposes, which serves as our legitimate interest.
If you reside in a location governed by the GDPR, then the following are Company’s legal bases for the processing of your information: In so far as we have obtained consent for processing operations of information by the data subject, Art. 6(1) lit. a GDPR serves as the legal basis. For the processing of information necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, Art. 6(1) lit. b GDPR serves as legal basis. The same applies to such processing operations which are necessary for carrying out pre-contractual measures. In so far as the processing of information is required to comply with a legal obligation to which our Company is subject, Art. 6(1) lit. c GDPR serves as legal basis. In the event that processing of information may be necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person, Art. 6(1) lit. d GDPR serves as legal basis. If processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by our Company or by a Third Party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, processing operations are based on Art 6(1) lit. f GDPR.
5. How Do We Share Your Information?
Company may share your information with Third Parties for the following purposes:
- Business Purposes.When Company shares your information for a Business Purpose, it means such use is reasonably necessary and proportionate to achieve an operational purpose of the Company. The following are the Business Purposes for which we may share your information:
|Third Parties||Business Purpose||Types of Information|
|Service Providers. These Third Parties provide services to Company that allow Company to operate the Website, provide services to customers, communicate with customers, and so forth. Examples include our Advisors, payment processors, email fulfillment providers, shipping providers, customer management services, and so forth.||For Security; To Fulfill Your Orders; to Improve Our Products and Services; to Improve the Website, and to Personalize Your User Experience. See Section 4 for more information on these Business Purposes.||Information you provide to us; Content you make public; Transaction and Payment Information; Device/Internet Connection Information; Internet Activity Information; Geolocation Information; Protected Class Information.|
|Government Officials and Private Parties Pursuant to Valid Legal Process. We may disclose your information in response to subpoenas, court orders, and other legal processes. In very rare circumstances, we may disclose personal information when we believe it is necessary in order to prevent illegal, fraudulent, or injurious actions that may cause harm to individuals.||To comply with Company’s legal obligations and to prevent illegal, fraudulent, or injurious actions that may cause harm to individuals.||Information you provide to us; Content you make public; Transaction and Payment Information; Device/Internet Connection Information; Internet Activity Information; Geolocation Information; Protected Class Information|
- Commercial Purposes. When Company shares your information for a “Commercial Purpose,” it means such disclosure is intended to advance Company’s business interests, such as by advertising our products or services. The following are the Commercial Purposes for which we may share your information with Third Parties:
|Commercial Purpose||Types of Information|
|Advertising Partners. We may disclose your personal information as needed to our Affiliated Entities
and Third-Party advertising partners. For example,
we or others may email you with offers and promotions
we believe may be of interest to you.
We may also share information gathered through Cookies and tracking
technology to allow a Third Party to advertise our products
and services to you after you leave the Website.
|To Advertise to You, including through Personalized Ads; to Advertise to Others. See Section 4 for more
information on these Commercial Purposes.
|Information you provide to us; Content you
make public; Device/Internet Connection Information;
Internet Activity Information; Geolocation Information;
Protected Class Information
|Other Consumers. We may share your reviews, comments, and other content
uploaded by you to advertise and market our Website
and the Services, including by reposting your reviews
on the Website, in our advertising, or through our social
|To Advertise to Others. See Section 4
for more information on this Commercial Purpose.
|Content you make public|
Your mobile numbers will NOT be given to Affiliated Entities nor to Third-Party advertising partners.
6. Do We Sell Your Information To Others?
Yes. Company may share the email addresses of its users with its Affiliated Entities and third parties for the purposes of sending promotional email. Under some privacy legislation, this practice may constitute a “sale”. If you would like to opt-out of receiving promotional emails and/or this practice, you may click “unsubscribe” link available in the email you receive, or you can submit a “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” request here
Astrology Answers will NOT share mobile numbers with Affiliated Entities nor to Third-Party advertising partners
7. How Do We Protect Your Information?
Company, and the Third-Party vendors we use to store your information, employ technical, administrative, and physical security measures (such as SSL encryption and HTTPS protocol) that are designed to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. We regularly review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods.
However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your personal and commercial information, or other communications, will always remain secure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Never share your password with anyone else and notify us as soon as possible if you believe your account security has been breached.
8. How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
9. Do We Transfer Your Information To A Different Country?
If you are visiting the Website from a location outside of the United States, your connection will be through and to servers located in the United States, and all information you provide will be processed and securely maintained in our web servers and internal systems located within the United States. By using the Website, you authorize and specifically consent to the transfer of personal data to the United States and its storage and use as specified above when you provide such information to us.
10. What Are Your Rights When It Comes To Accessing, Correcting, Or Deleting Your Information, And How Can You Exercise Them?
You may access all information we’ve collected and retained about you for purposes of correcting, amending, downloading, or deleting such information. Access can be obtained by logging into your account, filling out a Privacy Request, or contacting us at email@example.com.
To protect your privacy and security, we may take reasonable steps to help verify your identity before granting access, making corrections, providing you with information, or deleting information. Such steps will most likely include requiring you to log in to your user account, if you have one, or, in the absence of a user account, requiring you to confirm all details of a submission or transaction completed by you via the Website.
Access and Correction
The easiest way to access and correct the personal information we have collected about you is to log into your account. In the alternative, you may fill out a Privacy Request, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to Request Disclosure
You have the right to request that Company disclose the following to you:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
To request such a disclosure, please fill out a Privacy Request, or contact us at email@example.com.
Right to Request Deletion
You have the right to request that Company delete any personal information about the you which we have collected from you. To make such a request, please fill out a Privacy Request, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Shine the Light Disclosure
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information to the Website may request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please fill out a Privacy Request, or contact us at email@example.com.
RIGHT TO OPT-OUT OF SALE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right, at any time, to direct Company not to sell your information. You may do so by filling out the Do Not Sell My Personal Information form on the Website.
11. How Do We Protect The Privacy Of Children?
- No Users Under 13
Company will never knowingly collect any personal information about children under the age of 13. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected personal information about a child under the age of 13, that information will be immediately deleted from our database. Because we do not collect such information, we have no such information to use or to disclose to Third Parties. We have designed this policy in order to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
- Right to Opt In For Users 13 to 16
Company will never sell the personal information of users if we have actual knowledge that the user is less than 16 years of age, unless (in the case of consumers between 13 and 16 years of age) the user has affirmatively authorized the sale of their personal information.
- Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code § 22581 Disclosure
12. How Can You Receive And Opt-Out From Marketing Communications?
By providing your email address to Company through the Website or an email initiated by you, you consent to receive emails from us, including information concerning your account and advertising messages. Depending upon your location, we may obtain additional consent from you via a checkbox disclosure or an email requesting confirmation before you can receive such information.
To opt-out of text messages, reply STOP.
13. Do We Respond To Do Not Track (DNT) Signals?
DNT is a feature offered by some browsers which, when enabled, sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing is not tracked. Company does not currently respond to DNT requests.
The Website contains a Contact Form, which can be used for electronic contact. If you use this option, the data entered by you in the form will be transmitted to us and stored as part of your information.
Alternatively, you can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In this case, your information transmitted by email will be stored. If needed, your information will be relayed to our Third Party partners to for the sole purpose of processing any request by you in the communication.